This site links to movie trailers and video clips for friends who'd like to find something entertaining or unusual to watch.
These are all hand-picked.
* Scene from Phantom of the Paradise (1974) — Categories: Oddity, Deal with the Devil, Music, Rewatchable.
* Fan Trailer for Wings of Desire (1987) — Categories: Oddity, Slow, Existentialism, Angels, Rewatchable. Note: This is the original German film and not the 1998 remake.
You're not going to find a better German existentialism film about angels starring Peter Falk as Inspector Columbo.
* Trailer for Miracle Mile (1989) — Categories: Apocalypse, Romance. Would you like see one of the scariest films ever made that you've never heard of and that isn't a horror film? Here you go.
* GRAYSON Trailer — Categories: Batman, Robin. This is probably the best fake superhero movie trailer ever made. I'm no DC fan-boy, but I'd have paid to see this film.
* Astroboy Reboot teaser. Astroboy is an anime character that originated in the 1950s. I remember him from age 5. This teaser is a new take on the character that presents him as being more human than past incarnations.
* Ending of The Quiet Earth. This is one of the oddest endings to a Science Fiction-Horror film ever filmed. The film itself isn't actually recommended, but the ending kicks *ss.
* Russian Language Dennou Coil AMV. This is a Dennou Coil AMV with a Russian song as the music. Dennou Coil is a 13-hour anime about children living in a world like The Matrix. Early episodes are fine for preteens. Later episodes are essentially a horror movie.
* I Lived on the Moon (2006). Music video. Song is by Kwoon. It's difficult to describe this thing, but the themes include violence, loss, and escape from one's past. Victims of violent abuse will be able to relate to the story.
* Takkun Swings the Bat. FLCL scene. A bomb is falling on the city. Naota (the boy) and Haruko (the girl) must use their guitars as baseball bats to knock it back into space. Advisory: The series isn't intended for children.
The term “Chick Flick” used here isn't intended to be derogatory. These films are interesting; just slow-paced. Wings of Desire would go here as well but it deserves a place on the Best Films list.
* Trailer for Arrival (2016) — Alien Invasion, Time Travel, Slow, Chick Flick, Linguistics
* Trailer for Another Earth (2011) — Chick Flick, Slow, Parallel Dimensions, Second Chances
* La Jetee Complete Film. This is a complete short S.F. film, about half an hour long, that I saw when I was young. It's eerie and unsettling. This is the original film that “12 Monkeys” was based on.
I have a funny personal anecdote related to La Jetee.
A TV station aired the film. This might have been around 1970. I wrote to the TV station later and asked what the title of the movie had been.
“This was a French science fiction film”, I said. “It was a love story that involved time travel and the title was J-something.”.
The TV station wrote back and said, “You must be thinking of Je T'aime Je T'aime”.
But it was “La Jetee”. There were not one, but two, French science fiction love stories that involved time travel and the title J-something.
The Sun is a Mass of Incandescent Gas. All ages. This is a classic science song by They Might Be Giants.
The Mesopotamians. All ages. This is another song by They Might Be Giants. The character designs are based on monster toys that were popular 50 years ago. Gilgamesh, in history, was the first legendary superhero. The other people actually existed.
Ghost Riders in the Sky. All ages. This one is suitable for Halloween. It's a novelty song from 1949.